Friday 8 June 2007

How to put Itunes Plus music onto Nokia N95


7logo So yesterday iTunes was updated to include iTunes Plus, which is DRM-free music at a slightly higher quality and slightly higher price than the regular iTunes stuff. DRM-free means you can play it on whatever you want. However, it does have your account information tagged to the file. Some people have big issues with this, but I don't. You say you'd buy music if it was DRM free, so they do it, and then you don't want your name on it? It's only an issue if you plan to share it illegally. But that's a whole 'nother can of worms.

With DRM-free music, you can now put those songs on ANYTHING, right? How about your Nokia N95 (or other S60 device?) Easy as pie. I use iTunes on my computer, but I don't buy from it. I'd much rather buy the CD and rip it, that way I have a backup if my HDD gets erased or something. Plus I already had a junkload of CDs from a long time ago, and there's no reason to buy the same thing 2x. So somehow, you've got a bunch of DRM-free music in iTunes. What's the easiest way to get that onto your N95?


Read the comprehensive full post after the jump>>

No comments yet