Sunday 22 July 2007

HTC P6300 Panda(aka xda Argon) Review:: Things to consider Pros and Cons


The image “http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1385/872396079_6e2ff03979_o.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

So. This is the HTC P6300 then. If I'm to look into my bag of more supportive comments I'd probably find the words "well built" and "rugged". I may also find phrases like "traditional style" and "classic sized screen". If, however, I was to look into my less favourable bag I'd probably find words like "massive", "fat" and "old design".


The device confuses me. One moment I'm thinking, "Woah, this is huge. Why release a device this size?" Then I'm thinking, "Well, it's no bigger than the Orange SPV M5000 is it?"



Despite my concerns there's no doubt that this will tick boxes for mobile enterprise environments. I hadn't put much thought into it but, whilst writing this review, I saw a TV programme about wheel clampers. They were using Pocket PC's to take photos, punch in registration details, times and dates. They had tough, well built handsets which were big enough to "poke" and hard-wearing. The custom-made software ran on the phone, launched the camera application to snap number-plates and the connectivity fed details back to the central system instantly..................................................................

Read the full comprehensive review after the jump»

No comments yet