Monday 22 October 2007

50 Cent - Wanna Lick ft. Lil' Kim



When's the last time you heard about 50 Cent resolving a beef amicably — not only reconciling with the person he had problems with, but making a song with them? "Neveruary 32nd," you say? Well, there's a first time for everything.

The Queens hitmaker recently mended fences with Lil' Kim, with whom he's seemingly had a love/hate relationship over the years, and last week leaked their newest collaboration, "Wanna Lick." The song is the first record from the upcoming G-Unit album Shoot to Kill, which drops in mid-December.

"I'm not good at resolving things," 50 said on Sunday afternoon on the set of the video for his collaboration with Akon, "I'll Still Kill." (Note: The title will be changed to "I Still Will" for television purposes.) "Once I get into an altercation with someone or we have a misunderstanding, I'd rather leave them over there rather than have them around when they still have those feelings."

A few years ago, 50 created "Magic Stick" for Kim's La Bella Mafia LP, which was a smash on the street level. But a video for the song was never filmed, harsh feelings ensued and the two slung disses back and forth on various records and interviews.

50 says that's all water under the bridge.

"I reached out to her, called her, to see where her head was at," Fif said. "In Kim's case, it wasn't me and Kim [who had the real beef]. It was Kim and the man she was with at the time. Later, we was able to actually get together and collaborated. We was able to make something special again with 'Wanna Lick.' It's good. From a female perspective, she can provide an aggressive standpoint and be aggressive for the women while I can be myself and be aggressive from a man's perspective."

No comments yet